Strange Wordings

Thoughts on fantasy, science fiction and genre writing in general . . . stuff that's strange.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fredericksburg, Virginia

These Blogs are largely about the process of coercing words out of my head (at times I convince myself that I am a novelist). Thoughts about current reading and/or fantasy literature and writing in general may disgorge at random.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Stolen from Paul Jessup

Disappointing news from Ursula Le Guin.
http://www.ursulakleguin.com/GedoSenkiResponse.html

Is there anything to say here? will anyone ever film/animate Earthsea properly?



(Oh yeah, and old news here, Peter Jackson optioned Naomi Novik's Temeraire series. I'm sure she's elated, and Jackson will do a good job with the imagery, but boy Jackson-Walsh-Boyens will rip Novik's world to shreds, just like they did with Tolkien.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weird. Bloglines hasn;t been showing me your new posts. Thanks for cross-posting this, my man.

What I find odd is they butcher so much about Tolkien in the LOTR films, yet all of his apparent racism (all the bad races of men are dark skinned) has been left in. Shouldn't they have changed that?

10:49 AM  
Blogger Brian Malone said...

It might help if I knew how to use Bloglines.

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meh, not really. It's a blogger thang. But bloglines sees you now, so no biggie.

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home