Strange Wordings

Thoughts on fantasy, science fiction and genre writing in general . . . stuff that's strange.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fredericksburg, Virginia

These Blogs are largely about the process of coercing words out of my head (at times I convince myself that I am a novelist). Thoughts about current reading and/or fantasy literature and writing in general may disgorge at random.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Bloody brilliance!

Just finished reading the first draft of my friend, Sue Boulton's novel, Hand of Glory. Brilliant. Just bloody brilliant. Even in rough draft it's by far one of the best books I've read this year. If this does not get picked up for publication then the publishing industry is collectively braindead. (Well, let's face it, a lot of people suspect the braindead bit already).

3 Comments:

Blogger rebecca said...

Just stopping by to say hello! Did you ever put your novel online, as you'd planned on doing?

How many blogs do you maintain now? LOL I have just two, one brand-new and a blank canvas. Feel free to glance at the one with articles, but primarily can you write me a letter? aradiolvr@yahoo.com

Looking forward to hearing about your projects.

Take care,
Rebecca

10:34 AM  
Blogger Brian Malone said...

Rebecca, the project to put Rose|Thorn online hit a huge snag with the artwork. To make a long story short, I got kind of screwed over by a guy who was supposed to handle that part of the project. The whole thing just set back unexpectedly, and I'm so busy doing other things, that I don't know when I'll get back to it. That being said, I've actually begun to wonder if I shouldn't give the traditional route one last try.

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bloody brilliance?
You writers are always changing stock phrases for grins and giggles.
But you are certainly accurate in your assessment of Sue's tale. If those agents requesting sample chapters have any taste they will snap it up immediately.
Them, of course, comes the marketing. Would worry that aspect to death if it were me.
Dan

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home